HomeMy WebsiteAbout mePocket PatchworkFreebie Patterns

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Introducing Tall Grass!!

Oh, I am SO jazzed to finally show you my newest fabric collection designed just for Marcus Fabrics!  

It's called Tall Grass.

Tall Grass is a lovely collection of various prints in shades of greens.  You know how bad I am at taking pictures.  I'm showing you two photos of the same fabrics ~ one shot with the flash, and one without, to demonstrate the difference in how it changes the coloring.  (I'm trying to blame my poor photography on the lighting.)  Hopefully, you'll be able to get a good idea of the pretty shades of greens.  
I am so, so happy with all of the prints in this collection.  I worked in a few other colors with the green backgrounds for variety...and, well....for the fun of it!
Once in a blue moon I needle-turn applique, and thought of all of the applique-ers out there who use greens in so many of their quilts, as vines and leaves, and so many different things.
I really do love all of the fabrics I design, but once in awhile, I do have a favorite, and this print is one of them....especially the light.  I can see it used in a bazillion quilts.  I'll have to order extra of that one!
Why the name Tall Grass?  Well.....growing up in Illinois, the Prairie State, we have tons of different tall grasses everywhere.  It grows wild, and we work it into our landscaping because it's perennial, and indigenous.  
It grows in every shade of green imaginable.  Some have flowers, most have tasseled tops in wheat tones and browns.  I thought it was the perfect inspiration for a collection of green fabrics for this "Prairie woman".
I've designed a quilt featuring all of the Tall Grass prints and will show it to you just as soon as I can.  

Tall Grass will be delivered to your local quilt shop in January, so next time you visit the shop, ask if they've ordered Tall Grass!  It's so important to support our local quilt shops!!  

Click here to see the entire Tall Grass collection on the Marcus Fabrics website.

I'm also delighted to be traveling to Texas to meet with two guilds there.  Hoping to post pictures to Instagram and Facebook.

In the meantime, make your sewing machine happy by spending some quality time with it.  By doing so...you'll be happier, and at peace with your heart!  

Be well.....

16 comments:

  1. It's all beautiful! I do tend to use a lot of green in my applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't applique, but I still love green, and I never seem to have enough of it. I can see that I will be snatching up a bunch of these! Another great line of fabrics, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!! And you gave this line the perfect name. Can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love you new collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Pam and green just happens to be my favorite color. I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these fabrics ..... and I'm still looking for a local place to buy your cheddars! Can you help me find out where I can get them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Quilter's Station in Lee's Summit, MO. I was just here last month and she still had them.

      Delete
  7. Such delicious looking fabrics, I'm drooling here! Wish one of my local shops carried that kind of prints. They have gone 'modern" which to me means "easily dated and out of style". But NOT these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have beeneagerly awaiting the arrival of Tall Grass -- GORGEOUS greens. Pam as a favor -- could you adjust your blog so that all the priniting is in the solid light colored portiojn in the middle of the screen. I have terribble difficulty reading the portions in the far left side. I know I'm missing some of your fun! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathi ~

      I'm sorry you have trouble reading my blog page, and I would have to hire someone to make these changes, and honestly, I really like it the way it is. However, I understand your difficulty, and recommend that you subscribe to my blog posts via email.

      When you receive them in email format, all of the decorative items on my blog page are removed and you see only the text and photos included in that specific post. I think that will solve the issue for you. To subscribe, simply look for the "Follow by Email" icon on the right-hand side bar. Type in your email address and follow the prompts. You will be sent a verification email and must respond to it to complete the process...that's it! From then on, you'll receive my blog posts in your inbox and should be good to go from there.

      Hope this helps you! And thanks so much for reading my blog.

      Delete
  9. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. best grass for Texas

    ReplyDelete